I love my dog Nelson. It is his 6th birthday today.
I believe the bond between myself and Nelson is very special.
Many people ask what he does for me. Well, let me tell you the different ways he supports me.
- He always loves me unconditionally. This may seem simplistic, but is everything for someone without close friends.
- I am only now able to articulate that he helps calm me in stressful situations. So, he helps me with body control.
- I am a responsible human who takes care of my furry friend. Feeding, loving, and helping Mom with interpreting his health issues from his moods. He is a very sensitive being.
- He is a dog with a heart of gold and helps with when I am helping others deal with negative emotions of illness. He believes in me and my healing abilities.
- I get to experience things I wouldn’t be able to 100% deal with (like a Raptors game) because I can be connected and grounded by him.
- He listens to my dreams for the World, and believes I am capable of making a substantial difference.
Nelson is a beautiful soul. He is a blessing in a furry body. My always friend and partner in life.
You believe what you want. I am telling my truth, in hopes that others understand the power of a Service Dog to change a life for the better.